An Agora is the AEGEE’s general assembly – not party related and independent – and represents the most important youth meeting of the continent, since every six months gathers over 800 young girls and boys. For 5 days, a vast number of 1300 youngsters will meet in Bergamo, coming from over 200 cities and 40 European nations. This extraordinary result will be reached thanks to the availability of the Bergamo Exhibition Centre (Ente Fiera Promoberg), the wide range of connections of the local Airport with european destinations and thanks to the excellent promotion done over the last years by AEGEE-Bergamo. A 5-days event with such a magnitude, will turn Bergamo into a world youth capital, and will place it at the same level of other metropolis such as AMSTERDAM, KIEV, BUDAPEST e ISTANBUL, which recently hosted a similar event.
AEGEE is the largest interdisciplinary student association in Europe, which aims to:
- PROMOTE the concept of a united Europe
- EMPOWER the cooperation and the international dialogue
- SUPPORT the integration among young Europeans
- INCENTIVE the development of a more open and tolerant society
- STRIVE for an equal, borderless Europe, without conflicts
AEGEE has partecipatory status in the activities of the Council of Europe, as permanent observer; has a consultative status at the United Nations and an operative role at UNESCO. It is also member of the European Youth Forum.
AEGEE-Bergamo is a voluntary and Non-profit association with more than 100 members, since 1989 it’s the most relevant student group of the city of Bergamo and one of the most important youth association at the province.
Since its creation, AEGEE-Bergamo has organized many activities, such as:
- Europe-wide cultural exchange events
- Summer University project
- Original language Cinema
- Language Tandem, in cooperation with the University of Bergamo
- Conferences about mobility, youth unemployment and active citizenship
Moreover, AEGEE-Bergamo develops several welcome activities for hundreds of Erasmus students coming to Bergamo every year, thanks to the partnership with the University of Bergamo which counts more than 10 years.